Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- One author as corresponding author should be assigned.
- Check general formatting
- Title page, abstract and manuscript should be complete.
- Journal policies should be followed.
- Funding and conflict of interest should be clearly mentioned.
- Manuscript should be grammar and spell checked.
- User Rights
The PAJEC is an open access journal, which implies that all information is free to the user or his/her institution. Users may read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the entire texts of the articles, as well as use them for any other lawful purpose, without seeking previous permission from the publisher or author. This is consistent with the BOAI's definition of open access.
Our licensing policy is compliant with open access and archiving rules, and access is in agreement with the BOAI (Budapest Open Access Initiative). We give authors with a variety of user licenses that govern the permissible reuse of content for non-commercial purposes provided users:
- Cite the article using the proper bibliographic citation (author(s), journal, article title, volume, issue, page numbers, DOI, and link to the ultimate published edition).
- Maintain the article's integrity.
- Retain copyright notices and links to these terms and conditions so that other users understand what can and cannot be done with the article.
- Ensure that any re-use of any content in the article that is identified as belonging to a third party complies with that third party's copyright policies.
- Translation of the whole or part of the article requires prior official request and agreement with the Pan African journal of Emergency Medicine and critical care.
This is open access statement where use of published articles for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. Commercial purpose here include:
- Copying or downloading articles, or linking to such postings, for further redistribution, sale or licensing, for a fee
- Copying, downloading or posting by a site or service that incorporates advertising with such content
- The inclusion or incorporation of article content in other works or services (other than normal quotations with an appropriate citation) that is then available for sale or licensing, for a fee
- Use of articles or article content (other than normal quotations with appropriate citation) by for-profit organizations for promotional purposes, whether for a fee or otherwise.
- Use for the purposes of monetary reward by means of sale, resale, license, loan, transfer or other form of commercial exploitation.